Thursday, November 24, 2016

A poem by BHISMA UPRETI

THE DOOR
                                               


'What could be behind this door?'
I open every new door
With this curiosity in me.

I reach another turn
Ahead from the one I've left behind,
Walking a road to another road,
Crossing a bridge to another river, and
To another age, too, stepping on
The age I'm in.

No matter how much
One walks, one finds another road ahead
Another turn
Another river
And a new petal of life, every time
One walks, being a new door.

'What could be behind this door?'
Oh! 
How I, only in this question,
Happen to meet myself,
Happen to see myself!

Nothing but my curiosity
Is my living.

*******                                 
(Translation: SHIKHAR GHIMIRE)



-----------------------------

ढोका 

             -- भीष्म उप्रेती 

'यो ढोका भन्दा उता के होला ?'
यही उत्सुकता बोकेर 
खोल्छु म हरेक नयाँ ढोका । 

म पुग्छु एउटा घुम्तीबाट अर्को घुम्ती 
एउटा बाटो हिँडेर अर्को बाटो 
एउटा पुल काटेर अर्को नदी 
र एउटा उमेर टेकेर अर्को उमेर पनि ।

जति हिँडे पनि भेटिन्छ फेरि अर्को बाटो 
अर्को घुम्ती 
अर्को नदी 
र उमेरको पालुवा पनि 
प्रत्तेक पल्ट नयाँ नयाँ ढोका भएर ।

'यो ढोका भन्दा उता के होला ?'
म त केवल यही प्रश्नमा मात्र 
आफूलाई भेट्तोरहेछु 
आफूलाई देख्तोरहेछु । 

मेरो उत्सुकता नै 
मेरो बाँच्नु ।


No comments:

Post a Comment